It’s that time again, yes, indeedy. And, I’m so excited. After a fantastic inaugural year – in which Geek Girl took off like gangbusters (on Red Bull) – I can’t wait to see what this second season brings.
What? You don’t know about Geek Girl Camp? Or the Geek Girls? Where do I begin!
- The fabulous, brilliant, selfless, kind and energetic fireball otherwise known as Leslie Fishlock, had an IDEA.
- She was on a mission to make sure that every woman/girl/chiquita had the opportunity to learn about tech (computers, social media, apps, programs, you name it) in a safe, non-threatening, supportive way.
- Boom. She assembled a world-class, top-notch team (cough, cough – yes, if I do say so myself) of Geek Girls to teach, share and spread the good word.
- Two Geek Girl Camps (GGC) exploded on the scene last spring (on Cape Cod and in Boston) offering full day seminars with loads of workshops on every technology topic imaginable at an insanely affordable price ($140) – oh, and there was a party with a signature alcoholic beverage to boot.
- I was honored to teach 10 workshops at GGC over 2 days about blogging (how to, abc’s, finding voice, using blogs to grow your business) and social media.
- Geek Girl for Hire was created – sending out single or multi-womaned troops to companies and organizations everywhere teaching geek and tech.
- Operation Laptop Donation for Women was put into full effect – taking discarded laptops, cleaning them up and giving them to women (going back to school or work) in need.
The first Geek Girl Camp for 2010 has been announced, and I can’t wait to lead my blogging workshops and be a part of this phenomenalness again! I hope to see you there. Tell everyone you know. Here’s the deal (and make sure you grab the discount code at the bottom, you only have until Jan. 1st!!!):
Join the discussion 8 Comments
This looks like a blast Julie. A roomful of women who want to teach/learn. You just might see me there :o)
What a great idea. Let me know if you need an assistant.
Okay – Michelle and AF, if the two of you would get your tushes out here for GGC, it would be the coolest thing EVER.
I’m so jumping on board for this. I’ve emailed Leslie about starting a Geek Girl Camp in Vancouver. PS. I may have name-dropped you. *sheepish*
Amanda! I love it…and I hope it works out. I’ve never been to Vancouver – but have always wanted to go. And I’m a firm believer in name dropping. I’m glad you did!
Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I wish a Texas girl, like myself, could make it (the reels in my mind are working now).
First I have ever heard of this-I will need to follow along. Hugs
Welcome, Jennifer. GGC is a force to be reckoned with…would be fantastic if you could come join us!!!