I just had a fantastic meeting with two colleagues/friends, and it was incredibly successful. I can’t tell you what it was about…yet (that is so obnoxious!) But, I will tell you soon. What I can tell you is that when you are working creatively or devising big, blue sky ideas, collecting a small trusted group of smart, resourceful, inspired people is a great idea.
As the energy gets rolling:
1. Ideas build on each other.
2. For freelancer-types, it’s great to be around other people.
3. Additional ears are the testing ground for thoughts.
4. The energy is sustained.
5. Accountability comes with the territory – you’ll keep each other on task during the meeting.
6. When everyone has unique skill sets, you can cover a lot of ground.
7. Everyone also brings their own weaknesses and these can be supported and filed down.
8. Plans are made going forward – including project deadlines and goals.
…ah collaboration. Does it work for you or do you prefer to work alone?